Take control of this lifetime!
The Autumn Equinox is once again upon us & it is a time to celebrate the balance between Light & Dark. Also known as Mabon or The Witch’s Thanksgiving, It generally falls between September 21st – 23rd in the Northern Hemisphere, marking the middle of the Harvest Season. We can use this time of the changing season to finish up old projects & really get back in touch with who we are, as well as come back to the seeds we once planted for who we want to become, creating plans for your future. the scene of death creeping in serves as a reminder from nature that all things do & must come to an end, so you can also use this season to reinvent yourself. The energy during this time is high & can be drawn to enhance your magick & manifestations. It can also be used to simply give thanks for all of the blessings that have found way to you this year, putting positive vibes & heartfelt gratitude out into the universe, so it may find way to you again the following year. Because this is a time of abundant energy & embracing the change in the cycle of life, you may find yourself inspired in many ways to honor this Autumn Equinox by doing something new.
So here are a few ways you can celebrate Mabon, with loved one’s or by yourself:
1. Start with counting your Blessings. Make a Blessings jar or bowl. Light a pink or red candle to represent love or green for gratitude from the heart & start writing 1 blessing per piece of paper. Give it a kiss and add it to your jar or bowl. The more your write, you begin to visually see how many blessings came to you so far this year, as they begin to pile up. When complete, you can keep this jar as a daily reminder of your blessings & continue to add to it whenever another blessing finds you.
2. Go to Nature and gather some gifts. This is a great season for magickal arts & crafts by candlelight. Whether you are collecting specific items to make unique gifts for loved ones or simply allowing yourself to be drawn to the items around you, you’ll be amazed by your collections when you are done. These findings can also be used to decorate an altar to welcome the Autumn Equinox. Acorns, Leaves, Twigs & so much more can help set the stage for some Mabon enchantment.
3. Enjoy the fruits of your labor & feast. As you take a moment to reflect on all the hard work & efforts you have put in so far this year, make sure you treat yourself to something special, Like an Autumn Equinox Picnic at Sunset. Gather with friends for a Outdoor Potluck Picnic to celebrate Mabon. As you feast on soups, breads & fruits, watch the Sun disappear into the darkness, helping you to better understand the balance within. As darkness comes, add some candles or a string of lights to illuminate your surroundings.
4. Go Apple Picking. Something fun, family friendly & gets you outside enjoying that crisp autumn air! Locate and schedule a play date at a local apple orchard. Spend the evening picking apples & enjoying some hot apple cider. Save a few apples for a Divination spell, baking an enchanted apple pie or for preservation for the coming Winter. Give thanks to the Goddess Pomona, with each apple that you pick, for she is the Goddess of Fruit & Orchards, as well as a symbol of fertility & abundance.
5. Raise the Energy. Since this is a time of great Energy, it is also a great time to hold an ‘energy raising’ drum circle. Gather with like minded individuals and dance around a bonfire to rhythmic beats, in a powerful vibe of laughter, fun, gratitude & love. Let music enchant this sacred spiral dance with any kind of noise that individuals can bring. Shake, Rattle & clap the energy upwards towards a heightened vibration.
6. Honor the Darkness. Though Mabon is a time of balance, Darkness is starting to take over light. So with this we must make peace & accept things as they are. Without darkness we would not have light, this is the balance we must understand dwells within us as well. Find a good clear night to sit in the darkness wrapped in a warm blanket and meditate. Be still with nature & make peace with your own darkness.
7. Create an herbal blend. Drawing inspirations from the season, such as nutmeg, cinnamon, hazelnut, myrrh & frankincense, create a one of a kind herbal incense or potpourri to bless your home & hearth with the spirit of the season. Gift some to loved ones to say thank you for being such a blessing in your life.
8. De-clutter you life. As the trees begin to loose their leaves & shed the dead weight, you should too. Take a second look in your closets, cabinets & drawers & get rid of anything that holds you down & no longer serves you. Remove the extra clutter from your life that might have you stumbling through the darkness of Winter. Allow yourself to start fresh.
9. Since this is also known as the Witch’s thanksgiving, it is the perfect time to Give. After decluttering & downsizing, you can offer some of these items, such as clothing, blankets or furniture to local drives that help those in need. You can also participate in food drives or community service projects that allow you to give back.
10. Hold a ritual. Big or small, with others or Solitary, hold a special Mabon ceremony, to help set your intentions for this new season & help you shift into this new reality. Make sure you allow enough time to prepare, so you don’t feel a last minuet rush or panic & find a ceremony you feel drawn to perform. As you light each candle, give thanks to the universe, acknowledge the coming blessings, find the balance & make peace.
Just wanted to a share a loving reminder with you all.
Brightest Blessings! xo ~ Jenna
No matter what you’ve heard, psychic abilities are something we are all born with. Yes it is true that some are born with more innate psychic abilities than others, much like those who are born naturally better at sports or music. Whatever the case, you have the power to tap into your psychic intuition by sharpening your “psychic tools.”. Much of the time it is our Ego & self awareness that is blocking out all the messages that are constantly flowing to us, so we are simply just ‘not listening,’ or paying attention to anything beyond the mundane schedules we have programmed ourselves to follow day in & day out.
Let’s start with understanding some of the different types of “Psychic,” many of which correspond to our physical senses. When tuned in, some will notice that they are able to clearly “Hear” messages from spirit, like whispers, distinct voices or simple words. This ability is known as ‘Caliraudiant.’ This form of Psychic awareness can often come easily to children, but can frighten them as well, so it often becomes ‘blocked out,’ as we get older, to keep us from the fear of an unknown voice taunting us. As adults we tend to open up to the capability, when we are tired and drifting to sleep or slightly intoxicated, because at this point in time our physical guard is down & we are open to receive.
Another form of Psychic awareness is ‘Clairempathy’ or ‘Clairsentience,’ this ability falls into a category for many adults who are also known as Empaths. Those who are able to strongly sense the vibes or energy of a space, whether good or bad. Often absorbing unwanted energy from other people or objects. Sometimes known as a strong intuitive feeling, someone with a the Clairsentient abilities can feel the energies of past, present or future, & can strongly pick up on the emotional state of another person without any signs or communication. Information via energies of a location or house can even bring someone to tears from unknown past traumas which may have happened there. Although this may seem frightening, if one is aware that they strongly resonate with this form of psychic awareness, things can be done in preparation to block or protect the individual from these unwanted energies.
A popular one such a ‘Clairvoyance,’ is the ability to physically or psychically “see” things beyond this physical dimension, also know as ‘clear vision,’ on a spiritual level. Apparitions, images within the mind, aura of people, places or objects, & ‘mental videos,’ like a memory. When this ability becomes fine tuned & well developed, some psychics are able to completely ‘forsee the future,’ to give information to one as a warning or blessing. Some clairvoyance can work in the form of dreams, where full scenes & messages are displayed to ‘the viewer.’
Clairscent is exactly what you guesses, a psychic ability through scent. Often a way for loved ones who have passed to communicate to us without frightening us. They can leave a subtle scent of tobacco, Lavender, Roses or any other scent that their spirit knows who would remember them by. Their simple way of saying hello & that they are always with you. Amazingly the human nose can remember over 50,000 scents, each of which can instantly tie us to an old memory, bringing back that entire moment in time right before our very eyes.
Clairgustance is the ability of psychic taste, without placing anything in the mouth. Some will receive a familiar taste out of nowhere, reminding them of a loved one or memory that may point them in the right direction towards something they are seeking. Some detectives claim to get a intuitive taste of blood, drugs or certain chemicals, which help to point them in the right path of solving a case. Often those with this Clairgustance can use this ability to know when they are tuned into Ethereal realms & when it is a proper time to move forth on an enlightened meditation or spiritual practice.
Clairtangency is the ability to touch something tangible & receive information through it, such as a photo or piece of jewelry that holds the energy of an individual. Also by touching the walls of an old building or home, one with this ability can often pick up what feels like old memories, giving life to the phrase, ‘If these walls could talk.’ Every physical object holds some form of energy, which acts as a thumbprint to information, & when properly tuned in, one who holds this ability can easily unravel a story or message from an object. This ability will sometimes cause an individual to unknowingly turn away from purchasing used second-hand items or antiques, because of the energy that still clings to these items from their previous owners.
The list of the different psychic abilities can easily carry on, however I’d like to move onto, who you can unlock some of these hidden powers within you.
The first step is finding awareness to yourself and understanding what or if any of the abilities I listed above resonate with you. Take a moment to reflect, go back further to your younger years, maybe at some point you can recall the time which you began to block out some of these abilities.
Next understand patterns. Everything in this world is made up of a pattern, sacred patterns such a the Fibonacci Spiral & Flower of life, are literally embedded into our DNA coding. We are creatures of habit, so when it comes to ‘predicting the future,’ we are technically just becoming more aware of patterns. For example, if you feel you are slipping into a depression, reflect on why & what previous happenings lead you to this emotional state. Perhaps they are closely related to patterns before that got you here. … Awaken to the bigger picture & Pay attention.
Be aware of what you eat & consume. Yes I discuss healthy eating often, because it is a crucial part of spiritual awakening on multiple levels. Health is wealth, if you do not have good health, you are susceptible to many forms of discomfort & pain. Energy levels drop, resulting in a cloudy aura & lower vibrational living. Coffee consumption in large doses weakens & calcifies the Pineal gland, also known as your third eye. Yes, you actually have a physical third eye that resides in your brain between the space of your eyebrows. When this glad is calcified & unhealthy, it tends to shrink in size & change in color, much like unhealthy lungs from the result of smoking. A smoker can still run a marathon, but odds are it will not be as easy as someone who went the healthy route. Work towards healing your body & decalcifying your third eye, this takes time, but all great things do.
If you were not born with a naturally abundant psychic ability, it may be a bit more challenging for you, but everything happens for a reason, & perhaps you were born with this challenge to help you push your spiritual growth & enlighten your soul for the purpose of better life fulfillment & lesson of gratitude. Whether the psychic ability comes natural to you or not, use everyday to work a little bit on raising your vibrations & aligning to the energy of spirit. Use daily or weekly meditation to teach yourself how to silence the mind during troubled or chaotic times, allowing you to stay calm & again see the bigger picture when everyone else may be in a state of panic. Incorporate oils & incense to enhance your ability to align with the magick of scent. When you are in a place of peace, use a scent that you are drawn to, to come back to this vibration whenever you need.
Exercise your psychic awareness. instead of rushing into a persons home or business, take a moment to ‘feel’ the energy, what can you make of it? is it happy or sad? confirm your intuitions by striking up a conversation with the home or shop owner, let them tell you how they are doing. Did it match the energy you initially picked up on? Same with reading one’s aura, what color do they resonate with? Maybe someone you meet, vibrates at a striking blue color. Find out what they do for a living to get confirmation, if they turnout to be a business man fully expressing themselves or a creative artist, then your psychic awareness was spot on.
You can always collaborate with a friend who is also seeking to advance upon their own psychic abilities. Do game exercises such as ‘intuitively’ guessing what is in a box. Sense a color, theme or shape. If you get just one aspect correct, your intuition is strengthening. Do not ‘push’ you psychic awareness, if you become obsessed over ‘wanting’ to be psychic, it will never happen. Be patient with it & make a practice out of it everyday. Use many forms of Divination to open your psychic mind up to a dimension beyond. Allow signs, symbols & messages to flow into your everyday life & take physical note of them. Listen & be willing to learn more. Teachings will never stop, you will only grow wiser & a little more enlightened by the light of each new sunrise. You hold an amazing ability within you, let it shine! 😉